Passed on by one of our volunteers:
- 1 medium kohlrabi, trimmed and peeled
- 4 radishes, sliced thin
- 1/4 red onion, sliced very thin
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- dash of agave nectar (optional)
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Slice the kohlrabi very thin and cut into matchsticks.
- Place in a mixing bowl and add the radishes, red onion, lime, olive oil and a pinch of sea salt.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning, stir in herbs and serve.
(Add carrots if desired)