Job Posting: General Manager for Albion Hills Community Farm
Albion Hills Community Farm (AHCF) a non-profit, 13.5 acre community farm located on Toronto and Region Conservation lands within the Albion Hills Conservation Area in Caledon, Ontario. AHCF has a market garden with direct sales from a summer CSA program, retail outlets and markets. It has an established vibrant community garden program with over thirty garden plots. AHCF has an education program for children, youth and adults. The program is targeted to: basic gardening and farming skills; school class visits; corporate volunteer days; CSA work-shares; and, co-op placements. AHCF has created a new General Manager position to begin winter 2016.
The ideal candidate will have three main attributes:
- a knowledge and passion for sustainable, community based farming
- capacity to function as a team player who works hard and who accomplishes goals
- a strong commitment to ensuring the farm realizes its full potential.
The General Manager will be responsible for overall operations with a special focus on fundraising, marketing and financial controls. This position will be supported by the Board of Directors, Farm Manager and other staff and volunteers. The person will be expected to embrace diversity and be able to work with people from all walks of life.
- Resource to the Board of Directors
- Financial Management
- Services, Programs and Infrastructure
- Farm Operation
- Outreach and Awareness Building
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in management, financial accounting and human resources for a small scale business or farm operation
- Experience with revenue generation (fundraising through grants and sponsorships and from farm social enterprise income)
- Farming and market garden operations experience is an asset, especially with CSA, direct sales and community gardens.
- Experience leading, working with and motivating staff and volunteers teams
- Excellent communication skills and ability to develop community partnerships
- Class ‘G’ driver’s license
This position will begin as soon as possible. It is a full-time contract position until December 31, 2016, with a potential extension for 2017. Salary will commensurate with experience. There is no housing or housing allowance included as part of compensation. AHCF is not accessible by public transit.
Applications for the position will be accepted until February 12, 2016 at 5 pm. Interviews will be held on February 17 or 18th in Caledon, Ontario. Please send applications and/or questions to Karen Hutchinson at karen at albionhillscommunityfarm.org and include ‘AHCF General Manager Position’ in the subject line.
AHCF is committed to employment equity. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in AHCF.