from Robin at Ridgeland Harvest Farm
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup dark brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
4 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon salt
2 small zucchini, grated ( 2 very full cups of
finely grated zucchini)
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray or line with Parchment.
3. Cream butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
4. Add egg, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt to the butter mixture, gradually; mix well.
5. Stir in zucchini.
6. Fold in chocolate
7. Drop by teaspoonful with two (2) inches between each cookie onto the cookie sheets.
8. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden. Do not over-bake (bottoms will turn black when overdone even if the top looks good). Let stand to cool for 2 to 3 minutes, then remove and place on wire racks to allow to cool completely.